I’m always looking for ways to create healthy snacks for my kids. My son has to bring his snack to school, but the classrooms are nut-free. At home nuts are a great source of protein for us so I tailored our nut balls to be school safe. A few of these Sunflower Seed Coconut Date Balls and some fruit and he is all set!
This post contains affiliate links.
- 6 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a large ball forms.
- Create walnut size balls and place in a glass dish.
- Store in the fridge and take a few for a quick snack.
SUNFLOWER SEED COCONUT DATE BALLS
6 dates, pitted
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup ground flax
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE THE SUNFLOWER SEED COCONUT DATE BALLS
Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse into a large ball.
Form walnut size balls and place on a dish.
Store in the refrigerator and take a few out at a time as a snack.