For me, baking is therapeutic. There is nothing more relaxing than baking after a long day with my children. Ok, and I’ll admit it, sometimes I bake simply because I am in the mood for a spoonful of batter. Today I am sharing my Favorite Birthday Cake Recipes that are sure to make all of your guests young and old licking their plates clean. Seriously, I’ve actually had children lick my plates.
Check out our favorite birthday cake recipes below!
Our Cream Cheese Frosting is tinted with natural food dyes to make our Sesame Street Birthday Cake.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Our Cream Cheese Frosting is tinted with natural food dyes to make our Bob the Builder Birthday Cake.
- 1 C oil
- 2 C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C flour
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1 Cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 Cups shredded carrots
- 1 Cup crushed walnuts
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ C butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C powdered sugar
- Cream oil, sugar, eggs
- Mix in cinnamon, baking soda, salt, flour
- Add in pineapple, coconut, carrots, walnuts
- Bake in an ungreased 9 x 13 pan at 350 for 1 hour, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together.
- Add powdered sugar (to taste) and beat well.
- Frost cooled cake.
I love the combination of this chocolate cake from Barefoot Contessa with the peanut butter frosting. The perfect combination for my son’s Cars and Trucks Birthday Cake.